A funny thing happened to me on the way to the 30th day of NaBloPoMo.
- A voice, my own unique voice, emerged from behind the researcher/clinician’s mask and it feels right.
- I found clarity in my approach and the pieces of the “Be”s of Brain Health all started to make more sense. I found a way to convey those messages to others –those that have been crystal clear in my head all along — in a more approachable way.
- I changed because of others. I remember the day when I was 13 (a few minutes ago…) that I told myself I would not let what other people said about me or to me change me or my behavior in any way– not for the good or the bad. I’ve charted my own course guided by an internal compass for a whole lot of years. Yes, I watched what successful people did and made pieces of that my own – I’ve had some great role models. But this month I felt a swell of momentum and a drive to dig deeper to see what else was “in there” simply based on the fact that other writers, some I truly admire and hang on every word, said I was doing well. I changed my behavior and rode that momentum exclusively fueled by other people’s opinions. Now, ladies, see what you created?
- With encouragement from my friends and a great back up system, I took on this challenge in a month where I spent more than1/3 of the time on an island 31 paces wide by 79 paces long with limited electricity and internet access. Planning and support does trump everything….
- I promised myself I would stay on mission – no straying from brain health issues. I found that everything I love “lives” in that space so there was no need, until today, to stray from that mission. Such a gift to talk about what you love and to share tangible, manageable solutions for others to live a better, fuller life.
I find myself at Day 30 of NaBloPoMo with more to say. Who would’ve thunk it…..